Carrot lime & apple juice – I wish I was outside today, enjoying the sun and this super fresh juice.
Here in Portugal this week has been almost like summer. And today, we have hot weather and the sun is shining outside, but I’m stuck in bed! I have a fever and sore throat. What a bad luck, uh?!
Not everything is bad, I’ve some great news! I was invited to join a new project. That’s why I’ve been a little bit busier, and this post didn’t come out at the end of May, sorry! But, I’ll have to wait until the end of the month to tell you what it is… I can only say that’s food related! 😀
And… I have more news! One of these days, I woke up, took my breakfast and then I went outside to take care of our dogs. One of them, the German Sheperd (Kayra) wouldn’t stop barking at a little storage that we have outside. I thought there was a mouse, so I opened the door and she kept barking, now with her head inside. Then I heard a sound wich let me worried… It was a cat, not a mouse!
I was almost certain that it was a cat that had been trapped there by the dogs or, at most, a wounded cat. Far from that…
It was a mummy with 3 little kittens… so cute!
Do you want to see some pictures of them? Let me know.
This carrot lime & apple juice it’s an easy recipe, but really good for the hot days coming. Give it a try a then tell me what did you think… did you add spices? or maybe a couple of mint leaves? Share you ideas with me!
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Lime
- 2 Juicy Apples
- 2 cups or 500 ml Water
- Peel the carrot and cut into medium pieces.
- Place the carrot pieces into TM chop 4 sec/ speed 7.
- Squeeze the lime into the TM and blend for 4 sec/ speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
- Wash and cut each apple into 8 pieces and remove the core. Add to TM and chop for 10 sec/ speed 7. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the ice to TM and press the Turbo a couple of times.
- Add 2 cups/ 500 ml of water to TM and blend for 60 sec/ speed7.
- With a cloth strain the juice to a mug, then serve and delight yourself with it or keep it in the fridge up to 3 days.
- Place the carrot pieces into FP/Blender chop until you see very little pieces.
- Squeeze the lime into the FP/Blender and blend for 5 sec. Scrape down the sides.
- Wash and cut each apple into 8 pieces and remove the core. Add to FP/Blender and chop until it looks like a puree. Scrape down the sides.
- Add 2 cups/ 500 ml of water and blend for 1 min.
- With a cloth strain the juice to a mug, then you can add some ice if you like. Serve and delight yourself with it or keep it in the fridge up to 3 days.
*You can see the mash that is obtained and the juice after straining on the images below.
*Check if your lime and apples were enough, otherwise add more to your taste.
Stay tuned for more clues on my new project and photos of the kittens.